Thursday, December 11, 2008

Cross One Off the List

Tonight has been one of those nights. You know, those nights where everything is slowly coming to a close and you are getting closer to seeing the people you love most in the world. Yea, that's me... right now. I was just on one of my best friends myspace page, because I miss her. And she wrote this blog on it that I had never read before (I actually hadn't read any of them). When I read it, I got tears in my eyes. It was like a survey counting up to ten. Like "name one person you want to see right now" and then next one something like "name two things you should be doing right now". Those types of things. She had filled this out about three months before we met. One of the things was "name eight things that you want to do before you die". One of her answers was "Save someone's life". I teared up because I don't think she realizes that she has done that. I don't know if she even remembers writing that blog. She didn't know that three months later, she would meet me. And that she would eventually become one of the people I love and need most in this world. She knows exactly what to say to me if I call her crying, or if I don't think that I will ever be able to breathe again. Some how, not only does she get me to breathe, she gets me to laugh while doing it. She has saved me so many times, and adding those all together, she has helped to save my life. Without her I would not be who I am today. I wouldn't have half the confidence in my writing and in myself. I wouldn't smile as much as I do. And I honestly wouldn't know that there was someone in the world that cared enough to learn everything about me. She could order my coffee for me if I'm too stubborn to get anything (which happens a lot...), and she knows exactly who I am.
I think it is amazing to have someone who has no idea that they mean so much. It's something good. She is so humble that she has no idea that she has saved me. I love that. I could tell her and she would tell me I was crazy and that it was ALL of my girls. Which it was, but she is the one that knows me the best. If she reads this, it is guaranteed that she will think it is about someone else.
I am luck to have her. And I hope she does read this. She is my angel. <3 :D

No comments: